TUM accepts certificates from all Universities with "H+" status in ANABIN

In principle a transfer from another University to TUM is a standard application. After matriculation you can apply for a transfer of credits. This transfer is learning outcome based and will be decided for every individual module, if it is possible to transfer, or not. So it is likely that not all of your credits can be transferred and you need to retake a significant number of credits. This defines the semester you are assigned to and consequently the duration you would need to study at TUM.

The degree program's exam regulations demand 23 credits of the first semester to be passed after the first semester and 53 credits of the first 2 semesters to be passed after 2 semesters. Students not fulfilling this criteria face the danger of termination from the program. A transfer therefore only makes sense, if you can fulfil those credit requirements with transfer credits to avoid termination from the degree program.

Yes, you have to. The language requirement is dependent on the program, not on the particular modules.

If you have a proof of English proficiency, you can opt for one of our international Master programs at TUM or our undergraduate and graduate programs at our Singapore Campus that use English as medium of instruction.

No, language certificates have to be handed in with your application, latest by the application deadline. Conditional admission cannot be granted.

TUM offers language courses for enrolled students only. But there are plenty of language schools all over the world that prepare for obtaining one of the accepted language certificates. From our experience it takes about one year to learn sufficient German without previous knowledge, maybe shorter, if one already lives in Germany and experiences “everyday life”. We cannot recommend a certain school.

The part-time option is only available for the Master Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik. The Masters Communications Engineering, Power Engineering, Neuroengineering, Integrated Circuit Design, and Green Electronics are only available for full-time studies. Student visa are not granted for part-time studies.

TUM does not charge tuition fees. As a consequence there are no specific scholarship programs. Anyhow, there are some financial aid programs available. Please refer to the TUM main page for more information. For other scholarship options please contact your local DAAD office, as they know best which scholarships are available for students from your region.


Studying at TUM: www.tum.de/en/studies

Regulations for international undergraduate applicants: http://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/international-applicants-to-bachelor-programs/

Regulations for international graduate applicants: http://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/masters-programs/

TUM Global & Alumni Office: http://www.international.tum.de/en/home/

Fees and financial support: http://www.tum.de/en/studies/fees-and-financial-aid/

TUM Graduate School: http://www.gs.tum.de/en/

TUM's Singapore Campus: TUM Asia