The assessment process comprises two stages:
In stage 1, GPA, passed subjects, letter of motivation and two letters of reference are assessed. The highest possible score is 100. Applicants, who have received 95 points are admitted directly. Applicants, who have received 75 points are invited for an interview (stage 2) and screened further.
The criteria for stage 1 are as follows:
- Overall grade in your Bachelor degree (max. 30 points)
- Subjects during your Bachelor degree (max. 25 points)
- Mathematics max. 10 points
- Electrical Engineering max. 5 points
- Communications Engineering max. 10 points
- A statement of purpose (max. 20 points)
- Two letters of reference (max. 25 points)
Applicants having succesfully passed the first stage (75 points and more) get an invitation for an interview. The interview usually takes about 20 minutes and can be done in person at TUM, by Skype or by phone.
The criteria for the interview (stage 2) are:
- Your qualification for MSCE (max. 30 points)
- Your outstanding motivation (max. 15 points)
- Your ability to communicate in the English language (max. 10 points)
For the final score, the mean value of your score in the interview and the score for your Bachelor education (overall grade and relevant subjects) is calculated. Hence, the highest possible final score is 55. If your score is at least 40 you will get an admission.