let us express our sincere welcome to all the prospective and admitted students of our MSCE Program.
What motivated us to start such a program?
Up to the 1930's many top students from the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Asia, South and North America came to Germany to study at such famous places as Goettingen, Aachen, and Munich. At this time, the German language was still considered to be the world language of science and technology. Today, the German language does not play such a role anymore. Therefore we offer a program for foreign students where all courses are in English. We wish to attract students from the above-mentioned countries in the area of Information Technology, where we have to compete especially with the leading US universities.
What do we offer?
- Two specializations Communications Systems and Communications Electronics.
- A high level program with the Department's Full Professors. All of them have international experience, many of them are IEEE fellows.
- Well known International Guest Professors, such as Prof. Dr. John G. Proakis from Northeastern University, Prof. Dr. Stephen B. Wicker from Cornell University, Prof. Dr. Ruey-Wen Liu from University of Notre Dame, Prof. Dr. Rozenblit Jerzy from University of Arizona, Prof. Dr. Daniel J. Costello from University of Notre Dame, Prof. Dr. Thomas Kailath from Stanford University, Prof. Dr. Patrick Dewilde from TU-Delft, Prof. Dr. Ezio Biglieri from Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Prof. Dr. Alex Gershman from McMaster University, Prof. Dr. Raymond Yeung Wai-Ho from Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prof. Dr. Paolo Ienne from École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Prof. Dr. Max Costa from Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Prof. Dr. Wayne D. Grover from University of Alberta, Prof. Dr. Michael Honig from Northwestern University, Prof. Dr. Yih-Fang Huang from University of Notre Dame, Prof. Dr. David M. Binkley from University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Prof. Dr. Subhasis Chaudhuri from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Prof. Dr. Anthony Ephremides from University of Maryland, Prof. Dr. Muriel Medard from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Prof. Dr. Dina Katabi from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Prof. Dr. Andrew C. Singer from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Prof. Dr. Pierre Moulin from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Prof. Dr. Radu Marculescu from Carnegie Mellon University, Prof. Dr. Ralf R. Müller from Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Prof. Dr. Chang Wen Chen from University at Buffalo, Prof. Dr. Günhan Dündar from Boğaziçi University.
- Adjunct Professors from industry with broad practical experience.
- Close cooperation with Industry (e.g. Infineon Technologies AG, Rohde & Schwarz, Intel, Apple, NXP, Texas Instruments, ADVA) through joint thesis work and paid internships.
What are the prospects of our students?
It is needless to say that information and telecommunication technology is a tremendously expanding field with a high workforce demand. We further believe that our graduates - being acquainted with German culture and having enjoyed a close relationship with German industry in this field - are well equipped for leading positions in globally operating companies in their home countries and worldwide.
The overwhelming positive response by many applicants, industry, and academics encouraged us to promote this program to a worldwide recognized top professional program for the benefit of better international communications.
So, welcome again! Besides studying and working, we hope you will also enjoy the rich social, cultural, and natural life in Munich and its surrounding Bavarian countryside.
Antonia Wachter-Zeh & Ulf Schlichtmann