Innovative functionally integrated module design for modular battery packs
The focus of the project iMoBatt is a more economical assembly of energy storage systems. Therefore, the entire product cycle from design and development to manufacturing, assembly, operation and reuse is considered. The following technical goals and innovations are pursued:
- Scalable design to increase product flexibility of energy storage technology
- Innovative handling technique for automated module assembling
- Integration of functions for simplified assembling of energy storage systems
- Automted module assembling with continuous quality assurance
- Generating an entire model to simulate the operation behavior of the energy storage system
Project Partners of the TU München in the Project iMoBatt are MBFZ toolcraft GmbH, Schunk GmbH and Varta Storage GmbH.
The main focus of EES is the simulation of the battery module including a tab-cooling system and possible cell failure. The thermal and electrical characteristics, and safety issues of cell failure are investigated with suitable methods, optimized and the results are taken into account in the design of the battery module.