Examples of previous theses can be found here.
Many interesting bachelor and master thesis topics are assigned before they make it to the listing here. Please inform yourself which research assistants supervise student theses and work in your field of interest and then contact them directly for information about the latest topic.
If none of the following specified topics matches your interest, please check out our current projects. We welcome initiative applications for projects that are according to your research interest and will try to find a suitable topic.
- WEARHAP: Physical Human-Robot interaction with wearable haptic device
Please contact: Selma Music
- CONHUMO: Modeling human behavior for novel control strategies in safe interactions
Please contact: Hendrik Börner, Thomas Beckers, Jonas Umlauft
- SNOOKIE: Biomimetic underwater robotics
Please contact: Stefan Sosnowski
Often it is possible to reduce the amount of work of a master thesis to fit for a bachelor thesis. Please check with the respective supervisors if that is the case.
- Machine Learning for Energy Systems (Alexandre Capone) [PDF]
- Learning and Control of Nonlinear Systems (Alexandre Capone) [PDF]
- Gaussian Process based MPC for Autonomous Vehicles (Alexandre Capone) [PDF]
- Information Measures for Data Selection in Gaussian Process Learning Control (Armin Lederer) [PDF]
- Gaussian Processes with Compactly Supported Kernels (Armin Lederer) [PDF]
- Gaussian Process Latent Variable Models for Motor Symptom Estimation in People with Parkinson's Disease (Armin Lederer) [PDF]
- Shared and cooperative control for exoskeletons (Stefan Sosnowski) [PDF]
- Human-Guidance for Multi-Robot Teams with Event-Triggered Communication (Pablo Dohmann) [PDF]
- Safety verification for neural networks (Alexandre Capone) [PDF]
- Data-driven linear prediction methods for nonlinear dynamical systems (Petar Bevanda) [PDF]
- Intrusion Detection in Control Systems (Stefan Sosnowski) (PDFi)
- Information-constrained control of Euler-Lagrange systems (Vedad Causevic, Pablo Dohmann) [PDF]
- IP: UV Härtekammer Entwurf: 3D Druckobjekte aus SLA-Resindruckern erfordern eine Nachhärtung unter UV-Licht. Ziel der Ingenieurspraxis ist der Entwurf einer Steuerung für die Härtekammer. Sie wählen Komponenten für die Steuerung aus und implementieren ein Bedienungs- und Sicherheitskonzept, das Sie abschließend anhand von Testroutinen validieren und dokumentieren. Kontakt: [Christian Ott]
- IP: Soft-Robotics gripper: The goal of this project is to develop soft grippers for robotics, characterize the performance of the designs and refine both the overall design as well as the manufacturing process. Contact: [Stefan Sosnowski]
UUVsim: UUVsim is a simulation tool extending the functionality of Gazebo in ROS to underwater scenarios. For this work, a simulation environment for a UUV should be set up (i.e. BlueROV2 Heavy) , evaluated and compared against competing software UWsim . Furthermore, experimental data is also to be gathered to assess the simulator's fidelity in simulating not only the environment and vehicle dynamics but a range of sensors that are to be employed in maritime environment. Experience with ROS and Gazebo is desireable. Contact: [Petar Bevanda]
Social Media HiWi: For our EU project Rehyb, as well as for some of the Chair (ITR) online appearances, we are looking for a Hiwi for our Social Media Team.
The key facts:
- maintenance of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn)
- maintenance of the website www.rehyb.eu
- research and content delivery for the online presence
- evaluation of online presence (views, clicks, likes) for the reporting of the project
- very good knowledge of frontend and backend systems, skilled in working with Adobe Creative Suite, CSS, HTML, MySQL, and web server administration
- reliable, flexible and able to work and solve problems independently with an eye for detail
Working time: weekly working time shall be 20 hours and can be organised flexibly (mobile/from home) as agreed upon
Site: city campus
Timeframe: We are looking for someone working for us on a longer-term basis and being enrolled at TUM at least until the end of summer term 2022.
Apply to: email@example.com