Manu Manuel has started his Ph.D. work in the topic "Approximate computing for professional image processing" in February 2019 at the Chair of Integrated Systems, Technical University of Munich. He received his Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Embedded Systems from the Chemnitz University of Technology in 2018. Manu has been involved in different projects at Hilti Deutschland AG, Kaufering and Robert Bosch GmbH, Hildesheim for eight months each as internships and thesis, and he completed his master thesis on the topic "Invalid Status Identification of Traffic Signs". Moreover, his master research project was the development of a novel computer vision algorithm for breath rate detection using the RGB data. In 2012, he completed his bachelor of technology (B. Tech) in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Mahatma Gandhi University (Amal Jyothi College of Engineering), India.
- Approximate computing on FPGA for image processing
- Dynamic reconfiguration of FPGA
- Image processing, computer vision and machine learning
- LCS-Based Automatic Configuration of Approximate Computing Parameters for FPGA System Designs. Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Companion (GECCO '19), 2019, 1271 -- 1279 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Remote Respiration Rate Determination in Video Data - Vital Parameter Extraction based on Optical Flow and Principal Component Analysis. Proceedings of the 12th International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications - VISAPP, (VISIGRAPP 2017), SCITEPRESS - Science and Technology Publications, 2017, 326-333 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )