2019 Munich Workshop on Coding and Cryptography (MWCC)
The 2019 Munich Workshop on Coding and Cryptography (MWCC 2019) takes place on July 15-16, 2019. The workshop consists of invited talks in the area of coding theory and cryptography and a poster session.
We look forward to seeing you in Munich!
Workshop Chairs: Sven Puchinger, Vladimir Sidorenko, Antonia Wachter-Zeh
Local Organization: Haider Alkim, Lukas Holzbaur, Andreas Lenz, Hedongliang Liu, Georg Maringer, Julian Renner, Nicole Rossmann, Lorenz Welter
Topics of interest
- Coding theory
|09:15-10:15||Invited Talks||Chair: Alessandro Neri|
|Tanja Lange &||McTiny: McEliece for Tiny Network Servers (joint talk, 60 min)|
|11:00-12:30||Invited Talks||Chair: Michael Braun|
|John Sheekey||Skew Polynomials in Rank-Metric Coding|
|Peter Beelen||Decoding Grassmann Codes Using Majority Logic|
|Tuvi Etzion||Domination Mappings Into the Hamming Ball|
|14:15-15:45||Invited Talks||Chair: Martin Bossert|
|Camilla Hollanti||In the Quest for the Capacity of Private Information Retrieval from|
|Coded and Colluding Servers|
|Joachim Rosenthal||Code Based Crypto Involving Expanded Reed-Solomon Codes|
|Ronny Roth||Coding for Neuromorphic Computing|
|15:45-17:15||Poster Session 1|
|09:00-10:30||Invited Talks||Chair: Julien Lavauzelle|
|Pierre Loidreau||Rank Metric Codes Based Encryption Schemes|
|Grigory Kabatyansky||A New Code-Based Cryptosystem Based on Full Decoding|
|Jean-Pierre Tillich||Wave : A New Code-Based Signature Scheme|
|11:00-12:00||Invited Talks||Chair: Nikita Polianskii|
|Bernhard Haeupler||Synchronization Strings: New Codes for Insertions and Deletions|
|Eitan Yaakobi||Codes for DNA Applications|
|13:30-14:30||Invited Talks||Chair: Gerhard Kramer|
|Paul Siegel||Generalized Partial Orders for Polar Code Bit-Channels|
|Alexey Frolov||A Polar Code-Based Scheme for the Random Access Gaussian Channel|
|14:30-16:00||Poster Session 2|
Registration is free. If you intend to come, please register here. Since the official deadline is actually over, we kindly ask you to register as soon as possible.
There will be a poster sessions. If you are interested in presenting a poster, please fill in this form.
The deadline for poster registrations is July 9.
Formatting requirements for the poster are: DIN A0, portrait.
Confirmed Participants (115)
- Wenhui Li, Elena Egorova, Stanislav Kruglik, Pavel Rybin, Nikita Polianskii, Alexey Frolov, Grigory Kabatyansky, Kirill Andreev (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia)
- Fedor Ivanov (Higher School of Economics, Russia)
- Alexey Maevskiy, Hongchen Yu (Huawei, Russia)
- Rawad Bitar (Rutgers University, USA)
- Daniel J. Bernstein (University of Illinois at Chicago, USA)
- Bernhard Haeupler (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
- Paul H. Siegel (University of California, San Diego, USA)
- Allison Beemer (New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA)
- Luca Barletta (Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy)
- Enrico Paolini (University of Bologna, Italy)
- Tanja Lange (Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands)
- Renfei Bu (TU Delft, Netherlands)
- Stefano Rini (National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan)
- Jean-Pierre Tillich, Valentin Vasseur, Kevin Carrier, Thomas Debris, Matthieu Lequesne (INRIA, France)
- Julien Lavauzelle, Pierre Loidreau (IRMAR, France)
- Nicolas Aragon (University of Limoges, France)
- Pierre Briaud (ENS Lyon, France)
- Johan Ekman, August Zenk (Lund University (LTH), Sweden)
- Ankit Bandyopadhyay (Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, India)
- Kanagaraj G (Bharathidasan University, India)
- Amit Singh Bhati (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune, India)
- Grigory Solomatov, Peter Beelen, Tayyab Mehmood (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark)
- Cedomir Stefanovic (Aalborg University, Denmark)
- Souad Labghough (Mohammed V University, Morocco)
- Ronny Roth, Yiwei Zhang, Eitan Yaakobi, Tuvi Etzion (Technion, Israel)
- Julia Lieb (University of Aveiro, Portugal)
- Ahmed Mjhool, Mohammed Alrufaye (University of Kufa, Iraq)
- Van Khu Vu (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Soonhak Kwon (Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea)
- Selcen Sayıcı (Sabancı University, Turkey)
- Wrya Kadir (University of Bergen, Norway)
- Estuardo Alpirez Bock, Camilla Hollanti (Aalto University, Finnland)
- John Sheekey (University College Dublin, Ireland)
- Alessandro Neri, Gianira Alfarano, Violetta Weger, Joachim Rosenthal (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Martin Bossert, Johannes Pfeiffer, Robert Fischer, Sebastian Stern, Cornelia Ott, Carmen Sippel (Ulm University, Germany)
- Maximilian Schöffel, Kira Kraft (TU Kaiserslautern, Germany)
- Tim Güneysu (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany)
- Felicitas Hörmann (University of Augsburg, Germany)
- Jenz Zumbrägel (University of Passau, Germany)
- Michael Braun (University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt, Germany)
- Alexander Zeh, Bernd Meyer, Berndt Gammel Rainer Göttfert, Manuela Meier (Infineon Technologies AG, Germany)
- Johanna Sepúlveda (Airbus Defence and Space, Germany)
- Charles Garcia, Alexandru Git (Mynaric Lasercom GmbH, Germany)
- Joo Cho (ADVA Optical Networking, Germany)
- Gianluigi Liva, Christoph Günther, Balazs Matuz, Francisco Lazaro, Thomas Jerkovits, Mustafa Coşkun, Marvin Xhemrishi (German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany)
- Gerhard Kramer, Michelle Kreisel, Minglai Cai, Moritz Wiese, Sebastian Baur, Andrea Grigorescu, Reinhard Heckel, Alexander Malkis, Stefan Dvoretskii, Fabrice Morin, Johannes Paetzold, Sree Harsha Totakura, Peihong Yuan, Patrick Schulte, Emna Ben Yacoub, Ha Nguyen Vo Son, Kuan-Fu Lin, Tim Fritzmann, Thomas Schamberger, Diego Lentner, Tobias Prinz, Christian Deppe, Fabian Steiner, Thomas Wiegart, Haider Alkim, Lukas Holzbaur, Andreas Lenz, Hedongliang Liu, Georg Maringer, Julian Renner, Lorenz Welter, Sven Puchinger, Vladimir Sidorenko, Antonia Wachter-Zeh (Technical University of Munich, Germany)
Confirmed Poster Presentations
- Nikita Polianskii (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia):
- "On the duplication distance to the root for binary sequences"
- Francisco Lazaro (German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany):
- "Symbol message passing for code based public key cryptosystems"
- Sebastian Stern (Ulm University, Germany):
- "Multilevel Coding over Eisenstein Integers"
- Julia Lieb (University of Aveiro, Portugal):
- "Construction of Complete MDP Convolutional Codes"
- Kanagaraj G (Bharathidasan University, India):
- "Error correcting codes over DNA storage"
- Elena Egorova (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia):
- "New Broadcast Encryption Scheme Resistant to Collusion Attacks"
- Rawad Bitar (Rutgers University, USA):
- "Stochastic Gradient Coding for Straggler Mitigation in Distributed Learning"
- Stanislav Kruglik (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia):
- "On the Secrecy Capacity of Distributed Storage with Locality and Availability"
- Joo Cho (ADVA Optical Networking, Germany):
- "Application of Code-based KEMs for Secure Optical Network"
- Yiwei Zhang (Technion, Israel):
- "Private Proximity Retrieval Codes"
- Renfei Bu (TU Delft, Netherlands):
- "Detection Schemes in the Presence of Unknown Varying Oset"
- Julian Renner (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "Generic Decoding of Interleaved Rank-Metric Codes"
- Kirill Andreev (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia):
- "Deep-Learning Based Decoding of Short LDPC codes"
- Pavel Rybin (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia):
- "Concatenated Same Codebook Construction for the Random Access Gaussian MAC"
- Grigory Solomatov (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark):
- "Fast Encoding of Algebraic Geometry Codes over Good Planar Curves"
- Selcen Sayıcı (Sabancı University, Turkey):
- "On Linear Complementary Pair Of Abelian Codes"
- Ha Nguyen (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "Vector Network Coding For Generalized Combination Network With 3 Messages"
- Thomas Debris (INRIA, France):
- "A new code-based signature scheme"
- Valentin Vasseur (INRIA, France):
- "An Improved QC-MDPC Bitflipping Decoder"
- Wenhui Li (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Russia):
- "Merging Algorithm for Convolutional and Trellis Codes"
- Jens Zumbrägel (University of Passau, Germany):
- "Computation of a record binary field discrete logarithm"
- Kevin Carrier (INRIA, France):
- "Near-Collisions and Generic Decoding"
- Matthieu Lequesne (INRIA, France):
- "Ternary Syndrome Decoding with Large Weight"
- Andreas Lenz (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "Upper Bound on the Storage Rate of DNA-based Storage Systems"
- Haider Alkim (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "Error Correction for Partially Stuck Memory Cells"
- Georg Maringer (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "Stochastic Dependence of Decryption Failures"
- Hedongliang Liu (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "On Decoding and Applications of Interleaved Goppa Codes"
- Lukas Holzbaur (Technical University of Munich, Germany):
- "Private Streaming with Convolutional Codes"
- Hotel Lex: Until June 12, there is a limited special offer for stays from July 13 to July 17. Use the code word 'TUM JULY-Conference '
- Hotel Antares: Until May 6, there is a limited special offer for stays from July 13 to July 17. Use the code word 'COD workshop July'
- The workshop will be taking place on the central campus of the Technical University of Munich. The lecture hall is located at the groundfloor of building N3, room number N0314. Follow this link to get the Google Maps Location of N3: Workshop Location
- Metro map Munich.
- Directions to Workshop venue from Metro station Theresienstraße
- Airport to Hotel Lex: use S8 to Herrsching. Get off at Hauptbahnhof (central train station) and take the U1 heading to "Olympia Einkaufszentrum" (1 station) or the tram 20/21 (2 stations). Get off at Stiglmaierplatz and walk to Brienner Straße 48.
- Airport to Hotel Antares: use S8 to Herrsching. Get off at München Ost (east train station) and take the U5 heading to "Laimer Platz" (1 station). Get off at Odeonsplatz and walk to Amalienstraße 20.
- We recommend the Airport-City-Day-Ticket since it allows you to use the public transport in Munich during the whole day.