I received my B.Eng. degree from the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) and my M.Sc. degree from the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in 2014 and 2018, respectively.
In my Master's thesis I worked on signal processing for energy-efficient wireless communication systems at the Associate Professorship of Signal Processing (MSV), while partly staying with the Wireless Networking and Communications Group at the University of Texas at Austin (UT), USA.
Since 2019 I am a research assistant at the Institute for Communications Engineering in the group Line Transmission Technology of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Norbert Hanik.
Optical Communication Systems (ST 2019, WT 2020)
Digital Signal Processing for Optical Communication Systems (ST 2020, 2021)
Direct-Detection (DD) is a cost-effective approach for short-reach fiber-optic communication. A DD receiver uses a single photodiode to measure the intensity of the impinging signal. This suggests that DD is not compatible with phase modulation. However, using oversampling, the phase can be recovered by exploiting inter-symbol interference (ISI).
We investigate DD for short-reach communication in the context of information theory and estimation strategies.
- Sparse Linear Precoders for Mitigating Nonlinearities in Massive MIMO. IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop 2021, 2021 more…
- Achievable Rates for Short-Reach Fiber-Optic Channels with Direct Detection. Submitted to IEEE/Optica Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2021 more…
- PAM-6 Coded Modulation for IM/DD Channels with a Peak-Power Constraint. International Symposium on Topics in Coding (ISTC) 2021, 2021 more…
- Recovering the Phase in DD Receivers with Oversampling: A Toy Example. Huawei Joint Lab Workshop, 2021 more…
- Back-to-Back Performance of the Full Spectrum Nonlinear Fourier Transform and Its Inverse. Entropy 22 (10), 2020, 1131 more… Full text ( DOI ) Full text (mediaTUM)
- Stability of the Full Spectrum Nonlinear FourierTransform. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON) 2020, 2020 more… Full text (mediaTUM)
- Phase-Retrieval for Short-Reach IM/DD Links. Workshop der Informationstechnischen Gesellschaft (ITG) in Karlsruhe, 2020 more…
- Wiener Filter for Short-Reach Fiber-Optic Links. IEEE Communications Letters 24 (11), 2020, 2546 - 2550 more… Full text ( DOI )
- Efficient Equalization Method for Cyclic Prefix-Free Coarsely Quantized Massive MIMO Systems. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2018 more… Full text ( DOI )
- Efficient Non-linear Equalization for 1-bit Quantized Cyclic Prefix-Free Massive MIMO Systems. 2018 15th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), 2018 more… Full text ( DOI )