I received my B.Eng. degree from the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) and my M.Sc. degree from the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in 2014 and 2018, respectively.
In my Master's thesis I worked on signal processing for energy-efficient wireless communication systems at the Associate Professorship of Signal Processing (MSV), while partly staying with the Wireless Networking and Communications Group at the University of Texas at Austin (UT), USA.
Since 2019 I am a research assistant at the Institute for Communications Engineering in the group Line Transmission Technology of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Norbert Hanik.
Optical Communication Systems (Winter Term)
Direct-Detection (DD) receivers are a promising approach for short-reach fiber-optic communication, as they can be built with little hardware complexity, low power consumption and small form factors. However, DD receivers only measure the power of the complex-valued electric field and therefore seem to lose information about the signal phase, which is needed for the compensation of intersymbol interference (ISI). We investigate this problem both in the context of detection strategies and from an information theory perspective.
- Sparse Linear Precoders for Mitigating Nonlinearities in Massive MIMO. IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop 2021, 2021 mehr…
- PAM-6 Coded Modulation for IM/DD Channels with a Peak-Power Constraint. arXiv, 2021 mehr…
- Recovering the Phase in DD Receivers with Oversampling: A Toy Example. Huawei Joint Lab Workshop, 2021 mehr…
- Back-to-Back Performance of the Full Spectrum Nonlinear Fourier Transform and Its Inverse. Entropy 22 (10), 2020, 1131 mehr… Volltext ( DOI ) Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Stability of the Full Spectrum Nonlinear FourierTransform. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON) 2020, 2020 mehr… Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Phase-Retrieval for Short-Reach IM/DD Links. Workshop der Informationstechnischen Gesellschaft (ITG) in Karlsruhe, 2020 mehr…
- Wiener Filter for Short-Reach Fiber-Optic Links. IEEE Communications Letters 24 (11), 2020, 2546 - 2550 mehr… Volltext ( DOI )
- Efficient Equalization Method for Cyclic Prefix-Free Coarsely Quantized Massive MIMO Systems. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2018 mehr… Volltext ( DOI )
- Efficient Non-linear Equalization for 1-bit Quantized Cyclic Prefix-Free Massive MIMO Systems. 2018 15th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), 2018 mehr… Volltext ( DOI )