I received my B.Eng. degree from the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) and my M.Sc. degree from the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in 2014 and 2018, respectively.
In my Master's thesis I worked on signal processing for energy-efficient wireless communication systems at the Associate Professorship of Signal Processing (MSV), while partly staying with the Wireless Networking and Communications Group at the University of Texas at Austin (UT), USA.
Since 2019 I am a research assistant at the Institute for Communications Engineering in the group Line Transmission Technology of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Norbert Hanik.
Optical Communication Systems (Winter Term)
Direct-Detection (DD) receivers are a promising approach for short-reach fiber-optic communication, as they can be built with little hardware complexity, low power consumption and small form factors. However, DD receivers only measure the power of the complex-valued electric field and therefore lose information about the signal phase, which is needed for the compensation of intersymbol interference (ISI). We investigate this problem both in the context of detection strategies and from an information theory perspective.
- Back-to-Back Performance of the Full Spectrum Nonlinear Fourier Transform and Its Inverse. Entropy 22 (10), 2020, 1131 more… Full text ( DOI ) Full text (mediaTUM)
- Stability of the Full Spectrum Nonlinear FourierTransform. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON) 2020, 2020 more… Full text (mediaTUM)
- Phase-Retrieval for Short-Reach IM/DD Links. Workshop der Informationstechnischen Gesellschaft (ITG) in Karlsruhe, 2020 more…
- Wiener Filter for Short-Reach Fiber-Optic Links. IEEE Communications Letters 24 (11), 2020, 2546 - 2550 more… Full text ( DOI )
- Efficient Equalization Method for Cyclic Prefix-Free Coarsely Quantized Massive MIMO Systems. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2018 more… Full text ( DOI )
- Efficient Non-linear Equalization for 1-bit Quantized Cyclic Prefix-Free Massive MIMO Systems. 2018 15th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), 2018 more… Full text ( DOI )