In the CASA Cluster of Excellence, we are interested in information-theoretical modeling, analysis and optimization of cryptographic basic functions in future communication and data processing networks.
The precise modeling of real communication channels and communication scenarios plays a central role.
We are especially focused on:
- operationally based information-theoretical security measures such as semantic security
- wiretap channels with and without attackers
- bit commitment, oblivious transfer via real communication channels and real communication tasks
Arbitrarily Varying Wiretap Channels with Non-Causal Side Information at the Jammer
- Author(s): C. Janda, M. Wiese, E. Jorswieck, H. Boche
- Event: 2020 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT 2020)
Semantic Security via Seeded Modular Coding Schemes and Ramanujan Graphs
- Author(s): M. Wiese, H. Boche
- Journal title: IEEE Transactions on Information Theory (accepted for publication)
- Frank Fitzek (TU Dresden) and Holger Boche have written an article for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung about 5G and the future of communication.
The article was published on October 19, 2020, under the title "Warum der neue Mobilfunkstandard wirklich revolutionär ist. Was durch 5G für Deutschland auf dem Spiel steht" (in German only).