TU München, RCS
Office: Room 3944 (link to roomfinder)
Consultation hours: By arrangement
- Platform-aware design of embedded controllers
- Control-aware design of embedded platform
- Control-Architecture co-design of embedded control systems
- Automotive bus systems like FlexRay, Time-triggered Ethernet, CAN, etc.
- Design toolchain for embedded control systems
- Plug-and-play of automotive applications
- Battery Management Systems
- Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang, Wanli Chang, Dip Goswami and Samarjit Chakraborty. Multi-Objective Co-Optimization of FlexRay-based Distributed Control Systems. IEEE RTAS 2016.
- Licong Zhang, Debayan Roy, Philipp Mundhenk and Samarjit Chakraborty. Schedule Management Framework for Cloud-basedFuture Automotive Software Systems. IEEE RTCSA 2016.
- Wanli Chang, Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang and Samarjit Chakraborty. Model-based design of resource-efficient automotive control software. ICCAD 2016.
- Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang, Wanli Chang and Samarjit Chakraborty. Automated Synthesis of Cyber-Physical Systemsfrom Joint Controller/Architecture Specifications. FDL 2016.
- Wanli Chang, Licong Zhang, Debayan Roy and Samarjit Chakraborty. Control/ArchitectureCodesign for Cyber-Physical Systems. Book chapter in Handbook of Hardware/Software Codesign, Eds: Soonhoi Ha and Jurgen Teich, Springer. (DOI:10.1007/978-94-017-7358-4_37-1)
- S. Ramesh, Birgit Vogel-Heuser, Wanli Chang, Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang and Samarjit Chakraborty. INVITED: Specification, Verification and Design of Evolving Automotive Soware. DAC 2017.
- Philipp Mundhenk, Ghizlane Tibba, Licong Zhang, Felix Reimann, Debayan Roy and Samarjit Chakraborty. INVITED: Dynamic Platforms for Uncertainty Management in Future Automotive E/E Architectures. DAC 2017.
- Qi Zhu, Hengyi Liang, Licong Zhang, Debayan Roy, Wenchao Li and Samarjit Chakraborty. INVITED: Extensibility-Driven Automotive In-Vehicle Architecture Design. DAC 2017.
- Michael Balszun, Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang, Wanli Chang and Samarjit Chakraborty. Effectively Utilizing Elastic Resources in Networked Control Systems. RTCSA 2017. (Best Paper Award)
- Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang, Wanli Chang, Sanjoy Mitter and Samarjit Chakraborty. Ensuring Safety Through Semantics-Preserving Co-Synthesis of Cyber-Physical Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE -- Special Issue on Safe and Secure CPS/IoT.
- Debayan Roy, Michael Balszun, Dip Goswami and Samarjit Chakraborty. Hybrid Automotive In-Vehicle Networks. NOCS 2017.
- Wanli Chang, Debayan Roy, Xiaobo Sharon Hu and Samarjit Chakraborty. Cache-Aware Task Scheduling for Maximizing Control Performance. DATE 2018.
- Debayan Roy, Michael Balszun, Thomas Heurung and Samarjit Chakraborty. Multi-Domain Coupling for Automated Synthesis of Distributed Cyber-Physical Systems. ISCAS 2018. [Talk]
- Debayan Roy, Michael Balszun, Thomas Heurung, Samarjit Chakraborty and Amol Naik. Waterfall is too slow, let's go Agile: Multi-domain Coupling for Synthesizing Automotive Cyber-Physical Systems. ICCAD 2018.
- Leslie Maldonado, Wanli Chang, Debayan Roy, Anuradha Annaswamy, Dip Goswami, Samarjit Chakraborty. Exploiting System Dynamics for Resource-Efficient Automotive CPS Design. DATE 2019. (Best Paper Nomination)
- Debayan Roy, Wanli Chang, Sanjoy Mitter and Samarjit Chakraborty. Tighter Dimensioning of Heterogeneous Multi-Resource Autonomous CPS with Control Performance Guarantees. DAC 2019 (4 out of 24 papers were accepted in the track).
- Anna Minaeva, Debayan Roy, Benny Akesson, Zdenek Hanzálek and Samarjit Chakraborty. Efficient Heuristic Approach for Control Performance Optimization in Time-Triggered Periodic Scheduling. Transaction on Computers (Minor Revision).
- Debayan Roy, Swaminathan Narayanaswamy, Alma Pröbstl and Samarjit Chakraborty. Multi-Stage Optimization for Energy-Efficient Active Cell Balancing in Battery Packs. ICCAD 2019.
- Debayan Roy, Swaminathan Narayanaswamy, Alma Pröbstl and Samarjit Chakraborty. Optimal Scheduling for Active Cell Balancing. RTSS 2019.
- H. Liang, Z. Wang, D. Roy, S. Dey, S. Chakraborty and Q. Zhu. Security-driven Codesign with Weakly-hard Constraints for Real-time Embedded Systems. ICCD 19.
- W. Chang, D. Roy, S. Zhao, A. Annaswamy and S. Chakraborty. CPS-oriented modeling and control of traffic signals using adaptive back pressure. DATE 2020. (Best Paper Nomination)
- since Sept'15: Researcher at Chair of Real-time Computer Systems, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Apr'14 to Aug'15: Research Assistant at Chair of Real-time Computer Systems, Technical University of Munich, Germany.
- Jan'14 to Mar'14: Research Assistant at Chair of Media Technology, Technical University of Munich, Germany.
- Oct'13 to Aug'15: M. Sc. in Communications Engineering at Technical University of Munich, Germany.
- Jul'11 to Jul'13: Executive Engineer at Siemens Ltd., India.
- Jun'07 to Apr'11: B.E. in Electrical Engineering at Jadavpur University, India.
- Deutschlandstipendiat for the period 01.10.2014 to 30.09.2015.
- Academic Award of the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engg. (TU Munich) for excellent achievements in master studies in Communications Engg.
- Ranked 2nd in a batch of 86 students for the master's program in communications engineering (MSCE) at the Technical University of Munich (GPA 1,1).
- Best Paper Award at RTCSA 2017 for the paper "Effectively Utilizing Elastic Resources in Networked Control Systems".
- Best Paper Nomination at DATE 2019 for the paper "Exploiting System Dynamics for Resource-Efficient Automotive CPS Design".
- Best Paper Nomination at DATE 2020 for the paper "CPS-oriented modeling and control of traffic signals using adaptive back pressure".
- Tamara Marmat. Online state-based prediction of settling time of a linear control system. Research Internship, June 2016.
- Vsevolod Balkovoy. Generation and Development of Embedded Restbus Simulation in Infotainment and Communication Field for a Development and Test Environment. Master's Thesis, June 2017.
- Natasha Y. Jeppu. Integrating multiple industry-strength tools for design and implementation of automotive embedded control software on distributed platforms. DAAD WISE Scholarship. July 2017.
- Mathias Hofmann. A Novel Resource-Efficient Control-Schedule Co-Design Technique Exploiting Non-Uniform Sampling. Bachelor's Thesis, October 2017.
- Karsten Emrich. Prototypical Implementation of an Automotive Ethernet HiL Testing Solution. Bachelor's Thesis, October 2017.
- Tan Rong Qin Eugene. TrueTime-based Model-in-the-Loop Simulations for Embedded Control Systems. Bachelor's Thesis, June 2018.
- Shounak Sural. PID parameter tuning via model-in-the-loop simulations. Research Internship (IIT KGP). July 2018.
- Pei Wang. Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulations for Cyber-Physical Systems. Research Internship, September 2018.
- Hadi El Khatib. Deadbeat Direct Torque and Flux Control for Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. Research Internship, November 2018.
- Roland Ender. Development and optimization of a display driver software on an ECU under consideration of real-time requirements. Research Internship, December 2018.
- Marcell Pigniczki. Development of a safety-critical software template on performance level D using a certified microcontroller. Bachelor Thesis. September 2019.