June 21, 2017
Technische Universität München
Vorhoelzer Forum, Arcisstrasse 21, 80333 München
TUM Center of Communications “Industry Day"
Thank you to all who participated in the first "Industry Day"
of the TUM Center of Competence Communications (CoC COM) on
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
9:00 - 16:00
in the Vorhoelzer Forum on the TUM Inner City Campus,
Arcisstr. 21, 80333 München.
In CoC COM, currently 18 professors and 4 senior researchers of TUM collaborate in research and education on the topic of "communications" in order to shape the next generation wireless and wireline communication systems. Our expertise reaches from antennas, signal processing, information theory via networking to multimedia and big data. On the "Industry Day", we presented CoC COM to our industrial partners and showed possibilities for cooperation.
More information about the CoC COM is available here.
Agenda of the CoC COM Industry Day
Welcome and Introduction of CoC COM
- Welcome by the TUM VP and by the EI Dean
- CoC COM Overview and intention/possible collaboration targets (Kellerer)
CoC COM Teaser Talks
- CoC COM professors highlight their expertise and introduce into following demos/exhibited posters (Boche, Carle, Chakraborty, Diepold, Eibert, Günther, Hanik, Herkersdorf, Kramer, Kellerer, Ott, Rigoll, Seeber, Sigl, Steinbach, Utschick, Wachter-Zeh)
Discussion at demos and posters while lunch is being served on the rooftop terrace
Panel discussion: How to Create a Successful Industry-University Cooperation
Panel questions may include:
- What does an ideal industrial-academic partnership look like?
- How would you measure a successful cooperation?
- What is your company policy concerning IP when cooperating with universities?
- What can your company and the university, especially the TUM ECE department, do to improve the cooperation?
- Are there any innovative forms of cooperation that you envision? Can you imagine open cooperation with other companies to support complex eco systems such as Munich?
- What could be improved in Munich in order to strengthen cooperation between TUM, other research organizations, and industry?
- Christin Eisenschmid, Intel
- Peter Merz, Nokia Bell-Labs
- Andreas Pauly, Rohde & Schwarz
- Wen Xu, Huawei
Wolfgang Kellerer (coordinator)
Eckehard Steinbach (deputy coordinator)