DAAD Graduation Scholarship Awarded by TUM
As part of the DAAD STIBET I program, TUM awards the graduation scholarship from the Federal Foreign Office.
How much is the scholarship?
1,500 € - 2,550 € (one-off payment)
Who can apply?
Registered international students with the aim of completing a degree.
Note: International students who have acquired their university entrance qualification at a school abroad (this also includes German schools abroad) or who have acquired school qualifications abroad supplemented with a German preparatory study at the Studienkolleg.
- if you are in the final phase of your studies and submit your bachelor thesis or master thesis from Sept. 1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2020
- if you are in Germany during the final phase
- if you have a good GPA (minimum requirement 2.5)
Who can´t apply:
- Exchange students
- German nationals or students with a German university entrance qualification
- receiving another scholarship for the same purpose from a domestic or foreign institution.
June 5 – 21, 2020
Which application documents are necessary?:
- Motivational letter
- CV / Resume
- Current enrollment certificate
- Transcript of Records WiSe 19/20 (can be downloaded from TUMonline)
- Passport and residence permit
- Registration for the final thesis (to be obtained from the examination board of your department)
- Informal letter of recommendation from the lecturer who supervises the final thesis
- Bank statements of the last three months of all German bank accounts (March 15, – June 16, 2020)
- Copy of the employment contract for part-time job as a student asisstant and other employment. Please note that as a scholarship holder, you can only receive a gross monthly wage of up to a maximum of EUR 450 through part-time earnings. If the wages exceed this amount, the monthly scholarship rate would be reduced by this difference. If the part-time job is terminated at the beginning or during the scholarship phase or the number of hours is changed, proof must be provided.
Note: Applications that are incomplete or not submitted on time cannot be considered. The application documents are all to be uploaded online in a single PDF file. Documents submitted in paper form or by email cannot be processed.
Click here for the application form (link will be activated on June 5, 2020)