PD Dr.-Ing. habil. Carmen Mas Machuca
Lehrstuhl für Kommunikationsnetze (Prof. Kellerer)
- Tel.: +49 (89) 289 - 23508
- Raum: 0509.02.917
Carmen Mas Machuca is an Adjunct Teaching Professor at the Chair of Communication Networks at Technical University of Munich (TUM), Munich, Germany. She received her Dipl.-Ing. degree in Telecommunications Engineering from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in 1996, Dr.-Ing- degree (Ph.D.) from École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in 2000, and her Habilitation from TUM in 2017. Carmen Mas Machuca is IEEE Senior member.
Her main research interests are in the area of converged optical access networks, network planning and resilience, dependable virtualized networks and techno-economic studies.
She is currently involved in several projects:
- DFG Optimized Network Planning for Converged Optical Access Networks
- EU 5GPPP VirtuWind as
- CELTIC/BMBF SENDATE PLANETS
- DAAD A Future Proof Design Framework for Access Networks: Balancing Cost, Resilience, and Power From 1st January 2015 to 31st December 2016
- EU OASE Project (Optical Access Seamless Evolution) From 1st January 2010 to 28th February 2013
- BMBF EiBONE Project (Efficient Integrated Backbone) From 1st September 2005 to 30th September 2008
- EU HARMONICS Project (Hybrid Access Reconfigurable Multi-wavelength Optical Networks for IP-based Communication Services) From 1st May 2000 to 30th April 2003
- EURESCOM P1116 SCORPION “Scalable Optical IP Transport Networks” From 2001 to 2003
- EURESCOM P1012 FASHION “Flexible, Automatically SwitcHed, client Independent Optical Networks” From 2001 to 2003.