Causal inference (including measures of causality, causal modeling, and structure learning), has received considerable attention in the recent years from researchers in information theory, economics, philosophy, and machine learning. The goal of this workshop is to bring together outstanding researchers from these areas in order to discuss possible interconnections between their viewpoints and approaches.
- Elias Bareinboim (Purdue University)
- Frederick Eberhardt (Caltech)
- Michael Eichler (Maastricht University)
- Dominik Janzing (Max-Planck-Institute, Tuebingen)
- Young-Han Kim (University of California, San Diego)
- Haim Permuter (Ben Gurion University)
- Christopher Quinn (Purdue University)
- Thomas Richardson (University of Washington)
- Shohei Shimizu (Osaka University)
|Monday, May 23rd|
Opening Remarks by Gerhard Kramer
Practical Considerations in Causal Discovery: Confounders, Time-Varying Causal Relations, and Selection Bias
|10:00-10:45||Chris Quinn||Learning and Approximating (Granger) Causal Influences in Networks|
How to Learn Probability without Learning
A non-Gaussian Model for Causal Discovery in the Presence of Hidden Common Causes
Causal Conditioning and Directed Information in Engineering Problems
Causal Inference from Multivariate Time Series: Principles and Problems
Learning Causal Structure in the Presence of Hidden Variables
Discussion led by Negar Kiyavash
Table booked (30 px) at Max Emanuel, a local brewery with a nice beergarden
|Tuesday, May 24th|
Generalized Constraint Based Causal Discovery and Causal Macro-Variables
Algorithmic Independence of Cause and Mechanism as a Common Footing of Thermodynamics and Causal Inference
|11:45-12:30||Discussion led by Kun Zhang|
- Metro map Munich.
- Airport to Hotel Königswache: use S8 to Herrsching. Get off at Hauptbahnhof and take the U2 to Feldmoching. Get off at Theresienstraße and walk to Hotel Königswache. We recommend the Airport-City-Day-Ticket since it allows you to use the public transport in Munich during the whole day.
- You can also walk from Hauptbahnhof to Hotel Königswache.
- Walk from Hotel Königswache to the LNT.
- At the LNT, take the elevator or stairs to the 2nd floor. The talks will be given in the seminar room N2408.
The workshop features invited talks only, attendance is free of charge. If you are interested in attending, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.