On December 14-15, 2017, the TUM Chair of Communications Engineering (LNT) is organizing the 1st TUM-Eurecom Workshop on Communications and Security in collaboration with TUM-MSV and the Communication Systems Department of Eurecom, France. This is a dissemination and networking event organized in the context of the SECIF project ("Secured Communications for Industry of the Future"). SECIF is funded by the French-German Academy towards Industry 4.0. and promotes collaborative research around efficient and secure communications with an emphasis on IoT and factory-of-the-future use cases.
The workshop will take place at the TUM Main Campus in Munich, Room N2408. The program consists of talks and poster sessions from members of the three research groups, as well as other invited speakers.
We look forward to seeing you in Munich!
Rana Ali Amjad, Paul de Kerret, Michael Joham (Workshop Organizers)
Topics of interest
- Communication Theory
- Information Theory
- Machine Learning
- TUM: Gerhard Kramer, Wolfgang Utschick, Mari Kobayashi, Vladimir Sidorenko, Anotonia Wachter-Zeh, Michael Joham, Ragnar Freij-Hollanti, Rana Ali Amjad, Onur Günlü, Andreas Lenz, Andrei Nedelcu, David Neumann, Michael Newinger, Lars Palzer, Thomas Wiese, Julian Kirsch, Clemens Jonischkeit
- Eurecom: David Gesbert, Paul de Kerret, Aurelien Francillon, Italo Atzeni, Harald Bayerlein, Tom Hayes, Sebastian Poeplau
- DLR: Hannes Bartz
- UCLA: Suhas Diggavi, Christina Fragouli
- Aalto: Camilla Hollanti, Oliver Gnilke
Thursday, 14 December 2017
09:00 - 09:10
|Welcome: Gerhard Kramer and David Gesbert|
|09:10 - 10:00||Overview of the Participating Institutes|
|10:00 - 10:30||Coffee Break|
|10:30 - 11:10||Talk by Aurelien Francillion (Eurecom)|
|11:10 - 11:50||Talk by Christina Fragouli (UCLA)||Content-Type Coding over Wireless: Benefits and Applications|
|11:50 - 12:30||Talk by Paul de Kerret (Eurecom)||Decentralized Machine Learning for Team Decision Problems|
|12:30 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 14:40||Talk by Suhas Diggavi (UCLA)||Foundations of security in cyber-physical systems|
|14:40 - 15:20||Talk by Michael Joham (TUM)|
|15:30 - 16:30|| |
Poster Session 1
|16:30 - 16:45||Coffee Break|
|16:45 - 17:45|| |
Poster Session 2
|18:30||Dinner at Löwenbräukeller|
Friday, 15 December 2017
09:10 - 09:50
|Talk by Hannes Bartz (DLR)||On Decoding Schemes for the MDPC-McEliece Cryptosystem|
|09:50 - 10:30||Talk by Mari Kobayashi (TUM)||MISO and Erasure Broadcast Channels with State Feedback: duality and application|
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 11:30||Talk by Andrei Nedelcu (TUM)||Precoding for the Quantized Massive MIMO Downlink|
|11:30 - 12:00||Talk by Italo Atzeni (Eurecom)|
|12:00 - 12:30||Talk by David Neumann (TUM)||Channel Estimation and Neural Networks|
|12:30 - 12:45||Concluding Remarks|
Registration is free, you are welcome to attend the talks and poster sessions. Kindly register if you plan to attend the talks. Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
The deadline for registrations is Dec 1, 2017.
The talks will take place in the Room N2408 (2nd Floor), Building N4, TUM main campus at Theresienstrasse 90, 80290, Munich.
- Metro map Munich.
- Airport to Hotel Königswache: use S8 to Herrsching. Get off at Hauptbahnhof and take the U2 to Feldmoching. Get off at Theresienstraße and walk to Hotel Königswache. We recommend the Airport-City-Day-Ticket since it allows you to use the public transport in Munich during the whole day.
- You can also walk from Hauptbahnhof to Hotel Königswache.
- Walk from Hotel Königswache to the Institute for Communications Engineering.
- At the Institute for Communications Engineering, take the elevator or stairs to the 2nd floor. The talks will be given in the seminar room N2408.
- Bus ride from the Institute for Communications Engineering to the beergarden Chinesischer Turm (bus number 154 from station "Luisenstr." in Schellingstr.)
- You can find the location of the room in the TUM Main Campus using the following map
- Contact: email@example.com