Moduel Number: EI73761
Duration: 1 Semester
Occurence: Winter Semester
Number of ECTS: 5
Professor in charge: Uwe Siart
Contact hours: 60
Self-study hours: 90
Exam tpye: written
Exam duration (min.): 90
Possibility of retaking: In the next semester: Yes; at the end of the semester: No
Written paper: No
Knowledge of high-frequency technology
Radio location: Principles, pulse radar, cw radar, radar sensors (Doppler, level gauge, true ground speed, ACC,ground penetrating) radar signal processing, radar signal theory, synthetic aperture radar (SAR). Radio navigation:Principles, direction finding , VHF omnidirectional range (VOR), instrument landing system, microwavelanding system (MLS), hyperbolic navigation systems (LORAN), satellite navigation (GPS, Galileo).
At the end of the module students are able to understand approaches and methods playing a decisive role in high-frequency systems for location and navigation tasks.
- Lerning method:In addition to the individual methods of the students consolidated knowledge is aspired by repeated lessons in exercises and tutorials.
- Teaching method:During the lectures students are instructed in a teacher-centered style. The exercises are held in a student-centered way.
The following kinds of media are used:
- Lecture notes
- Exercises with solutions as download
The following literature is recommended:
- Skolnik: Introduction to Radar Systems
- Detlefsen Jürgen: Radartechnik
- Ludloff Albrecht: Praxiswissen Radar und Radarsignalverarbeitung, Vieweg, 2002