Modul number: EI 8029
Duration: 1 Semester
Recurrence: Winter semester
Number of ECTS: 5
Professor in charge: Ulrich Wagner
Class attendance: 60
Private study: 90
Written exam in the end of the module, 60 min.
Structure and development trends of energy supply and application; Fudamental terms and definitions in energy economy; Technical, energetic and economic description and balancing of energy usage ranging from energy services to primary energy (including renewable energies); New energy markets, instruments for modelling and analysis of energy equipment and systems;
At the end of the module: students are able to:
- understand the principles of energy supply and the properties of provision of applied energy carriers,
- provide an overview on the generation of electrical energy and the properties of the applied power plants,
- analyse and assess the operating method of power plants based on requirements arising from fulfilments of energy demand;
- Students have the opportunity to carry out practical tasks at the test stands
- Manuscript for the lecture and all experiments
In lectures, teacher-centred teaching is applied. In addition students have to perform reading assignments. In tutorials, exercise problems are solved.