Module Number: EI8044
Duration: 1 Semester
Recurrence: winter and summer semester
Number of ECTS: 5
Professor in charge: Thomas Hamacher
Class attendance: 45
Private study: 105
The module exam consists of the following parts:
- Regular meetings with the assigned supervisor (research assistant) on the progress of the work and the procedure (20%)
- Presenation of the results (15 minutes) followed by discussion (10 minutes) (40%)
- Written seminar report with methods and results (40%)
The module participants independently process recent scientific articles on current topics in the field of renewable and sustainable energy systems. They will be supported by assigned research assistants. The results are presented in an oral presentation.
A list of topics is provided at the beginning of the semester on the homepage of the chair.
After completion of the module, the students are able to process in a scientific way a task in the field of renewable and sustainable energy systesms, to present in front of a professional audience and to manage the critical discussion of the results.
- Basic knowledge of energy systems and the energy economy
- Basic knowledge of scientific work and presentation skills
Computer-based presentation for the presentation of the module participants
Each module participant works on an individual task independently.
Each module participant is assigned to a dedicated supervisor (research assistant). The supervisor provides assitance by helping to find appropriate basic literature in the beginning, encouraging to search for additional references and providing information on scientific work in general as well as on the presentation of the results in particular.